Thursday, August 30, 2012

Honey Child Boo Boo & Social Media Identity topic

Unfortunately I have been posting these the wrong way on my blog:

Here is my blog post for Honey Child Boo Boo: Honey Child Boo Boo makes me sick. I was unfortunate enough to catch it on TV when it aired on Toddlers' and Tiaras. I happened to turn onto the show just as Alana began to talk and I couldn't stop watching. Albom likened it to a train wreck, something so horrible that you stop to watch and then move one. However, that episode of Toddlers' and Tiaras was not something I could just move on from. My mother walked in as I was watching the show and questioned my decision to watch it however she ended up watching the episode with me even though it goes against all of the values in our family. So why did we watch? We watched because we were seeing a perceived reality of someone else's life/morals/values.

Albom links Honey Child Boo Boo and Scott's death together because they are both extremes of what people are willing to watch: one is the disgusting lifestyle of a six year old and her family and the other is the horrific suicide of Tony Scott. Have people become so apathetic that they have lost sight of reality and see everything and think "hey a lot of people would watch this video" and care less and less about the real lives and problems of the people being portrayed?


As well as my social media identity topic: For my social media identity essay I will be exploring how my relationship to Facebook has changed from the time that I first started my account up to now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment